What’s Your Church Like?
Often when people ask the question, “what’s the worship at your church like?” they have ‘style’ in mind.
At Northview we want to define our worship gatherings by our content and our structure before we talk about style. We mostly use contemporary expressions of music, but you will encounter a variety of worship leaders who are committed to theological content more than just a style of music.
Our worship services are shaped to accomplish 7 goals. We believe that worship should be:
- For God. First and above all. It’s not about me. (Luke 4:8, Matt. 16:24)
- About Christ. We tell the ‘Christ Story’ with our worship acts. (2 Cor. 4:5, Rev. 5:13)
- Spirit Led. To ‘worship the One True God as the Spirit enables. (John 4:24, 16:13).
- A response. It is an act of thanksgiving for what God has done! (Eph. 1:3-7, 2:8-9, Is. 12:4)
- A corporate activity. We participate as Christ’s body; an expression of our unity. (Col. 3:16, Heb 10:24-25, 1 Cor. 12:13,27, Eph. 2:20)
- Transformational. Encountering Christ will change us forever. (Rom. 12:1, Is. 6:1-6)
- Lived out 24/7. Transformed people become the hands and feet of Christ. (Is. 6:7-8, Matt. 28:19-20, Acts 1:8).
Does that make sense? Well, put it in reverse…
We will live out our worship 24/7 if we are transformed by our worship when we gather with the saints to respond to God’s grace through the Holy Spirit to the work of the Son, who brings us into the presence of the Father! That is our goal for worship at Northview.
Songs We Sang – August 4
Greatly To Be Praised – Brian Eichelberger and Zach Bolen
Nailed To The Cross – Chris Llewellyn, Gareth Gilkeson, Bryan Fowler and Jonathan Smith
Yes I Will – Eddie Hoagland/Mia Fieldes/Jonathan Smith
Come Ye Sinners – Joseph Hart
God Is Able – Ben Fielding/Reuben Morgan
Get Involved with the Worship Teams
Worship Team members serve in a variety of ministries in addition to our weekend services. These include age-specific ministries, such as Children’s Ministries and Youth, as well as Life Groups and Pastorates (our small & medium-sized home groups).
A reputation for integrity and good character speaks volumes in today’s world. Talent alone is not the prerequisite for serving in Worship Ministry. As leaders, we are required to live a lifestyle that reflects a commitment to living out God’s word.
If this is something that interests you, click the link below!
After you fill out and turn in the application, you will be asked to complete a criminal record check (required for all volunteers). Once we have received these we will contact you for an audition.